The Red House Glass Cone, Wordsley was built at the end of the 18th century. It was used for the manufacture of glass until 1936 and is now one of only four cones left in the UK (and the most complete in Europe).
Reaching 100ft into the sky this glass heritage visitor attraction is an impressive site on the Stourbridge landscape and an integral part of the historic Stourbridge Glass Quarter.
• Family friendly events including trails and activities take place throughout the year. Why not sign up for the museum’s e-newsletter at www.dudley.gov.uk for up to date news and events
• Visitor centre, gift shop and artisan craft studios
• Augmented Reality trail
• Pre-bookable guided tours for groups are available for a charge
• Education room available for hire
• Free car parking and admission to the site is free
Although the inside of the Cone is currently closed for essential maintenance, there is still plenty to see. We are currently redeveloping our hot glass studio and plan to have live glass blowing demonstrations running very soon. Please check our website or social media for up to date information.
(We recommend downloading the app before attending the site, this can be found within your phone’s app store and type in Red House Glass Cone).